Morgan State University and PNC Bank, National Association, announced recently a new university banking relationship with an emphasis on money management and financial education for the university’s more than 10,000 students, faculty and staff.
A new PNC Electronic Branch (E-Branch) opened on Morgan’s campus on Dec. 7, launching a diverse selection of PNC educational resources and workshops on basic budgeting, credit management, savings and investing, identity protection and home buying.
“The student experience sets the tone for one’s personal aspirations and professional ambitions,” said David Wilson, president of Morgan State University. “PNC shares our commitment to financial education and we are excited to offer students the resources and tools to build money management skills that will help them navigate their finances now and in the future.”
The E-Branch, located in the University Student Center, will be staffed by PNC Financial Services consultants and will feature an advanced function ATM, capable of accepting deposits and cashing checks down to the dollar, providing convenient and easy-to-use banking services to the campus community.
Other features include:
- The option to link the Morgan Bear Necessity identification card to PNC accounts beginning in January 2012, adding ATM and purchasing functionality to campus cards used for daily activities such as entering residence halls, checking out library books and accessing meal plans.
- A total of five on-campus ATMs conveniently located throughout the campus.
- Personal banking and non-credit related products and services including Virtual Wallet® Student, an online banking solution specially designed to help college students help themselves with money management, along with mobile and text banking options. Note: The PNC University Banking program does not solicit students for credit cards.
- A co-branded PNC Bank Visa® Check Card, emblazoned with an iconic Morgan image available to any PNC customer, to be used at ATMs and to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted.
- Customized web site at www.pnc.com/morgan, hosted by PNC, where students will be able to complete online account applications and find financial and educational information.
- PNC WorkPlace Banking program also provides banking convenience to staff, administration and alumni with valuable rewards, special services and benefits.
“Morgan is nationally recognized as a premier public urban university with a unique mission, heritage and culture that is committed to preparing the next generation of leaders to be successful in their professional lives and personal pursuits,” said Lou Cestello, PNC regional president for Greater Maryland. “We share a commitment to financial literacy as a key component in helping to build self-confidence and reliance, leadership, and a focus on making our community a stronger place to call home.”
PNC has more than 200 branches and 450 ATMs located across Maryland in many of the neighborhoods Morgan students call home.
PNC Bank, National Association is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC (www.pnc.com) is one of the nation’s largest diversified financial services organizations providing retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. Follow @PNCNews on Twitter for breaking news, updates and announcements from PNC.