An interdisciplinary team of Morgan faculty and students including Theater, Music, Art, Behavioral Health, and Architecture hosted two events for the Imagining America Conference on October 2nd at Murphy Fine Arts Center.
An afternoon session entitled The Fourth Wall: Using the Arts to Engage Urban Communities involved the following faculty;
- Shirley Basfield Dunlap, College of Liberal Arts, Theater Arts
- E. Blaise DePaolo, College of Liberal Arts, Fine Arts
- Gabriel Kroiz, School of Architecture and Planning
- Brian Francoise, SNAP Sister Neighborhood Arts Program
- Randolph Rowel, School of Community Health and Policy
The Friday Evening Keynote Event, held in the Turpin Lamb Theater, Express Yourself! A Spoken Word & Drumming JAMM made use of the bamboo construction as the stage set for the evening’s performance and highlighted a range of dance, performance and musical talent in the Morgan community.